Trados starter
Thread poster: njweatherdon

njweatherdon
Canada
Member (2011)
French to English
+ ...
Nov 25, 2011

OK, mostly I just want to give the program a bit of a try, and it appears as though there's no demo.

Anyone else think it's slightly BS that SDL expects people to pay $100 just to take a peek or give the program a quick try?

Since I haven't used the program, I don't know whether the limitations make it worth the trouble.

Inga Jokubauske  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:00
Member (2011)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Free 30 days trial Nov 26, 2011

This is what I've been told by a Trados employee: 'but we are hoping to release a trial verison of Studio 2011 before the end of the year'. Hope this helps.

njweatherdon
Canada
Member (2011)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That would be enough, I think Nov 26, 2011

A 30-day trial of the full version would probably be enough time to get familiar enough with it to get a sense of whether I'd want to work with it.

A significantly scaled down version that gave more time to learn it before purchasing a full version for serious use would be even better.

And for that matter, a 30-day trial of a scaled down version would be OK as well. Then I could try the scaled down version, buy the scaled down version if I wanted, then upgrade when the limitations became relevant.

I guess I can wait for end of year though, since I expect to have other stuff keeping me more or less occupied until then ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados starter

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search