Jakov Milicevic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 12:52
Member (2010)
Croatian to Italian
+ ...
Nov 26, 2011

Dear colleagues,
i would be so graceful if someone could help me solve this tecnical issue.
First of all, I have purcased un upgrade from SDL Trados Studio Freelance 2009 to SDL Trados Studio Freelance 2011 Plus in an online shop. I have upgraded also to a new license and downloaded exe.files and uninstalled the old version of Trados 2009.

I have managed to install them but only Multiterm Desktop 2011 works properly and other unfortunately no.

When I enter Passolo Essential it displays me message that it stopped working but the case with Studio it's a bit different:
As I click on an icon and it starts this message is displayed:

Error occurred retrieving your license.
Error details:
Unknown error
(Attempt to read or write protected memory.This is often an indication that other memory is corrupted).

Then I have bar with DEACTIVATE

and under help and continue.

What should I do?

p.s. It's little bit disappointing to buy a new software that doesn't work properly.

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Hi Jakov Nov 26, 2011

I'm afraid, the problem is that people rarely read instructions...

I have upgraded also to a new license and downloaded exe.files and uninstalled the old version of Trados 2009

Sorry, but I really don't understand this sequence of events...

Have you checked the licencing videos before installing?
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF05D743E8ECFB8C1&feature=viewall

Have you checked the Trados Studio installation guide http://downloadcentre.sdl.com/T2011/Docs/SDL_Trados_Studio_2011_Installation_Guide.pdf ?

Natalia

[Edited at 2011-11-26 15:51 GMT]

Croatia
Member (2010)
Croatian to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have read instructions carefuly Nov 26, 2011

Dear Natalie,
everything that you have written down I have done before installing a new version. I have read the instruction manual and watched licencing videos.
Maybe I should run instalation as a administrator?

Croatia
Member (2010)
Croatian to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not functioning at all Nov 28, 2011

I have uninstalled SDL Trados 2011 Freelance Studio Plus + Passolo. Downloaded Windows Debugger, checked memory (non corruption found) and re-installed but it displays continuously the same error message. OS system is Windows 7 Home Premium (64). Trados 2009 Freelance Studio, Passolo works perfectly but Studio 2011 nothing also Passolo.

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Administrator rights needed Nov 28, 2011

Jakov Milicevic wrote:

Maybe I should run instalation as a administrator?

Well,that's what it says on page 2-10 of the installation guide

Right-click on the .exe file and select "Run as administrator".

Croatia
Member (2010)
Croatian to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes I have tried... Nov 28, 2011

Tried to run installation as Administrator but always unfortunately the same message.

Error occurred retrieving your license.
Error details:
Unknown error
(Attempt to read or write protected memory.This is often an indication that other memory is corrupted).

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
support case Nov 29, 2011

Dear Jakov,

We'll work with you through this issue in the Support Case you raised with us. Someone will be in touch with you.

It's a known issue with a very limited number of customers that we are working through with.

If anyone else reads this and has the same issue, please raise a case with us as described here: http://blog.sdl.com/blog/2011/01/where-can-i-find-support-for-sdl-products.html

Thanks,
Luis

BlueCells
English to French
+ ...
Re-installing? Is this the only solution? Dec 6, 2011

Hello all,

I have got an answer from the tech support.

"We are working with Nalpeiron licensing to resolve this issue - however, we currently do not have an easy way to fix this issue. The only way to currently overcome this issue is to reformat your PC and then reinstall Windows and this will get rid of this error."

Brilliant. This is exactly what we need to improve our productivity.
If anyone finds a smarter option, please post.

Have a good day,
Jerome

Croatia
Member (2010)
Croatian to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Got the same message.. Dec 6, 2011

Dear colleagues,
it seams that newer versions (when upgrading from older ones) don't improve efficiency because the program doesn't function at all.

Message from support center:

''Unfortunately, the issue you are experiencing is affecting a very small number of our users but we currently do not have an easy fix.

It seems to be particular to the original partitioning of the hard disk; several affected machines have been fixed by repartitioning the drive and reinstalling the OS. Of course, we are aware that this is not an option for most users so, in the absence of a more satisfactory solution, we have reinstated your 2009 license. For the time being, we hope that this is an acceptable workaround for you whilst we work towards getting your 2011 version up and running.

Going forward, we are actively investigating this issue with our support and development teams and will be in touch as soon as we have more information.''

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Just an update on this Dec 6, 2011

Hi all,

You've posted the responses so far and this is pretty much where we are. This is a problem we identified a month ago and the only solution we were able to find so far was to reinstall windows and repartition the drive of the affected machine. The issue is related to the new licensing system and Nalpeiron, who are the providers of this solution, are working on a debug version of their software that we hope will allow us to resolve this issue without such drastic measures.

Support will be in touch as soon as they have something to work with and we hope this will be sooner rather than later.

Thank you for you patience... and if anyone does fix it themselves we'll also be very interested in the solution..!

Regards

Paul

BlueCells
English to French
+ ...
Where to start? Dec 6, 2011

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your email.

I'd love to work on that but you should share some information with us (maybe in PM).
- How does their hosted licensing work (basic principles)?
- Which HD sector we should write enable? MBR (since it survives reformat)?
- How did you come to the conclusion that formatting and partitioning were the only solution?

It would help even if I doubt you can disclose this.

Thank you,
Jerome

Croatia
Member (2010)
Croatian to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
downloaded SP1...But the same error Dec 20, 2011

I have received an e-mail for SDL informing me about the release of SP1 SDL Trados. Very happy about the new improvements stated in e-mail I have downloaded it. Installation went fine but I get all the time the same error as before. Sometimes I think that an upgrade to new version was a bad decision (payed about 200 E for update for the program that I can't use). Fortunately the SDL decided to retrieve my license for Trados Studio 2009 that works perfectly.
Hope they are going to find soon solution for this program because I don't won't to re-install and format my disk.

Eberhard Nietzer  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Nalpeiron Problem Jan 7, 2012

When trying to install SDL Trados 2001 Freelance Plus to which I have upgraded from SDL Trados 2009 Freelance Plus I get the following error message:
service Nalpeiron Licensing service (nlsX86cc) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
This happens regardless whether I try to run the installation as a user or as the administrator.
I could only install Multiterm 2011.
Is there a solution to this problem?
I use Windows 7 Professional.

Donglai Lou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:52
Member (2002)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Any Update? Jan 24, 2012

I wanted to try SDL Trados Studio 2011 but met the same problem.

Croatia
Member (2010)
Croatian to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nothing... Jan 24, 2012

Unfortunately they didn't release any update or patch that resolves this problem. Even after updating on SP1 the same error comes all the time.
p.s. I find SDL Trados Studio 2009 much more reliable and stable. Never had any problems...

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Product activation problem

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search