Two error messages when opening a very large .txt file (100,000 TU:s) in SDL Studio 2011
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 26, 2011

When opening this very large .txt file in SDL Trados Studio 2011, I first chose the option to open .txt.

And it works well to open all four columns from the original Excel source document in Studio. But, I can't hardly touch the Studio-window/UI, as soon as I do that the application shuts off, and I receive these error messages (2 immediately after each other):

Cannot validate SDL plug-in: Sdl.Desktop.Platform.
Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Version=, Culture=
neutral, PublicKeyToken=00000000000 : C:\
Program Files\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio2\

Microsoft .NET Framework
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.
If you click Continue, the application will ignore
this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit,
the application will close immediately.

The type initializer for
Manager' threw an exception.

Does it have to do with memory limitations (I have only Intel Celeron M and 2 GB RAM)? Or could there be any other problems? I can open it, and view the Chinese characters, they are all displayed correctly.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two error messages when opening a very large .txt file (100,000 TU:s) in SDL Studio 2011

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search