Two error messages when opening a very large .txt file (100,000 TU:s) in SDL Studio 2011
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 26, 2011

When opening this very large .txt file in SDL Trados Studio 2011, I first chose the option to open .txt.

And it works well to open all four columns from the original Excel source document in Studio. But, I can't hardly touch the Studio-window/UI, as soon as I do that the application shuts off, and I receive these error messages (2 immediately after each other):

Error
Cannot validate SDL plug-in: Sdl.Desktop.Platform.
Implementation.Exceptions.FilteredExceptionFilter.
Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=
neutral, PublicKeyToken=00000000000 : C:\
Program Files\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio2\
Sdl.Desktop.Platform.dll

Microsoft .NET Framework
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.
If you click Continue, the application will ignore
this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit,
the application will close immediately.

The type initializer for
'Infragistics.Win.UltraWinStatusBar.StatusBarEvent
Manager' threw an exception.

Details:

Does it have to do with memory limitations (I have only Intel Celeron M and 2 GB RAM)? Or could there be any other problems? I can open it, and view the Chinese characters, they are all displayed correctly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two error messages when opening a very large .txt file (100,000 TU:s) in SDL Studio 2011

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search