Trados 2007: why would my client's batch analysis come up with 2000 more Context Matches than mine?
Thread poster: xxxS E

xxxS E
Italy
Local time: 17:22
Italian to English
Nov 27, 2011

Hi,

I have been working with a particular client for about a year now, doing 2-4 small projects a week, all part of a larger, on-going project. I recently noticed that my client's batch analyses have stopped matching mine and I am hoping that one of you might have an idea of what the root cause might be.

To put it simply, while both analyses come up with the same word count, the distribution is off in a very precise way: my client's analysis comes up with 2000 more Context Matches and 2000 fewer New Words than my analysis.

So, for example, my client's analysis might come up with 4000 Context Matches and 2000 New Words, whereas my analysis comes up with 2000 Context Matches and 4000 New Words.

The problem of course is that I am being paid for 2000, but according to the analysis done on my own machine, it would seem that I am actually translating 4000. (In fact, what motivated me to look into this is that it *felt* like I was translating, say, 4000 words, when I was *supposed* to be translating 2000.)

I have written to my client asking for an explanation of this discrepancy, but have not received a reply. I have also written to SDL (I have a support contract) to ask what the possible causes are for this situation, but, alas, have not received a reply.

To make things stranger (???), the above-described discrepancy is inconsistent. Some weeks, there is no discrepancy at all and my analysis turns out identical to the client's.

In the past year+, I have only received two updates of the client's TM, and so the Context Match/New Word issue would appear to unrelated to my/their TM (which I say because sometimes the analyses are identical and there is no chronological relationship between the instances of matching analyses and my use of a TM updated by my client).

Please let me know if you need more details.

What do you think of this?

Thanks in advance,

Sarah

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007: why would my client's batch analysis come up with 2000 more Context Matches than mine?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search