Merging duplicate terms in MultiTerm 2011 doesn't work
Thread poster: Jonathan Hopkins

Jonathan Hopkins  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:24
German to English
+ ...
Nov 28, 2011

Has anyone encountered this particular "bug" in MultiTerm? And if so, could you point me in the right direction on how to solve it.

There is a particular feature in MultTerm, which, if it would work, would be rather useful: Search for duplicate terms (Search\Search for Duplicate Terms).

The problem is, it just doesn't work. After following the steps as outlined in the help files, and trying to open duplicate terms in separate tabs (by selecting the term from the hitlist on the left while pressing Ctrl), each tab appears as the same entry (i.e. if I have two entires of duplex: duplex:126 and duplex:127 both tabs—if you can manage to even open both entries—appear as the last entry selected: e.g. duplex:127)

Kind regards,
Jonathan

Direct link Reply with quote

Tapsa
Local time: 11:24
English to Finnish
I was puzzled too but figured it out Nov 28, 2011

Don't use hitlist, use Browse-list.

Hope this helps

Jonathan Hopkins  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:24
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hitlist is automatically displayed upon searching for duplicates Nov 28, 2011

Hi Tapsa,

Tapsa wrote:

Don't use hitlist, use Browse-list.

Hope this helps

Thanks for that tip. I never would have figured that out. How anti-intuitive to switch back to the browse tab after finding all the terms in the hitlist, which I want to edit. Nonetheless your tip works.

Many thanks,
Jonathan

Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:24
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Merge is grayed out Apr 8, 2012

Hi Jonathan,

Did switching to the browse list sort out the problem for you?

I am trying to merge terms and the Merge function is grayed out.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Merging duplicate terms in MultiTerm 2011 doesn't work

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search