Thread poster: Jon Reynolds

Jon Reynolds  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:27
Member (2007)
German to English
Nov 28, 2011

Hello,

I have just exported all my old Wordfast TMs as .tmx files and then imported them into Trados 2009. The process in itself seems to work perfectly, but when I had finished I did a TM search for a company name that cropped up regularly in my old TMs as I wanted to check that the new material had been added correctly. However, there was only one hit in the results window when there should have been many more.

I have tried re-importing the .tmx file in question and it seems to work fine, i.e. I do not get any error messages, but I still do not get any additional hits in the TM search results.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:27
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Number of segments Nov 28, 2011

Have you compared the number of TUs your old/new TMs have?
In Studio go to TM window, open the TM, go to files>settings>TU units.

And how are you searching for the term? By opening the TM in the TM window or by opening a file to translate and performing concordance?

Jon Reynolds  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:27
Member (2007)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Imported into one main TM Nov 29, 2011

Hi Emma,

Thanks for yout reply.

I imported them all into one main TM as I want to create a TM large enough to start using the Autosuggest function. I think this means that I can't check how many of the units from the old TM have been added, as you suggest. I also can't seemt o find the files>settings>TU units path that you mentioned.

In terms of the search I was using the full TM search in the TM maintenance window.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing old TMs into Trados 2009

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search