https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/213058-importing_old_tms_into_trados_2009.html

Importing old TMs into Trados 2009
Thread poster: Jon Reynolds
Jon Reynolds
Jon Reynolds  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:44
German to English
+ ...
Nov 28, 2011

Hello,

I have just exported all my old Wordfast TMs as .tmx files and then imported them into Trados 2009. The process in itself seems to work perfectly, but when I had finished I did a TM search for a company name that cropped up regularly in my old TMs as I wanted to check that the new material had been added correctly. However, there was only one hit in the results window when there should have been many more.

I have tried re-importing the .tmx file in question and i
... See more
Hello,

I have just exported all my old Wordfast TMs as .tmx files and then imported them into Trados 2009. The process in itself seems to work perfectly, but when I had finished I did a TM search for a company name that cropped up regularly in my old TMs as I wanted to check that the new material had been added correctly. However, there was only one hit in the results window when there should have been many more.

I have tried re-importing the .tmx file in question and it seems to work fine, i.e. I do not get any error messages, but I still do not get any additional hits in the TM search results.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks in advance,

Jon
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:44
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Number of segments Nov 28, 2011

Have you compared the number of TUs your old/new TMs have?
In Studio go to TM window, open the TM, go to files>settings>TU units.

And how are you searching for the term? By opening the TM in the TM window or by opening a file to translate and performing concordance?

Jon Reynolds
Jon Reynolds  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:44
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Imported into one main TM Nov 29, 2011

Hi Emma,

Thanks for yout reply.

I imported them all into one main TM as I want to create a TM large enough to start using the Autosuggest function. I think this means that I can't check how many of the units from the old TM have been added, as you suggest. I also can't seemt o find the files>settings>TU units path that you mentioned.

In terms of the search I was using the full TM search in the TM maintenance window.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing old TMs into Trados 2009

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »