Thread poster: Julio Ferrandis

Julio Ferrandis  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 28, 2011

Hello

I am having a problem. I am translating a Word file in Trados Studio 2009 and when I am trying to save target I am getting the following error: Trados: an error ocurred while parsing entitiy name Line 1 position 117

I am not sure what is the problem. Any ideas, please?

Roy OConnor
Local time: 22:26
German to English
Iterative approach Nov 28, 2011

Hi, Julio,

Depending on its complexity, Word sometimes has characters in the source file which interfere when saving to target. Sometimes these characters are visible and sometimes not.

When this occurs, first save the bilingual file, then delete half of it and try saving to target (but without saving bilingually). If that works, then you know your problem segment is in the other half. So load the whole bilingual again and delete a quarter, i.e. half the troublesome half, and try saving to target again, w.o. saving bilingually.

In this way you can find the offending segment fairly rapidly even with a largish file. If you find the offending character, you can omit it in the target section and add it later to the Word file. Alternatively, you may have to delete the offending part in your Word source file and pretranslate, manually adding the rest in the translated Word file.

This procedure was suggested by Jerzy Czopik and I have used it quite a few times. Ope it helps you.

Roy

PS: For Trados queries it is better to use the Proz SDL Support forum - you will get more answers and quicker that way

[Edited at 2011-11-28 20:07 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-11-28 20:09 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados: an error ocurred while parsing entitiy name Line 1 position 117

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search