Thread poster: Ashley Donnan

Ashley Donnan  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:48
Russian to English
+ ...
Nov 28, 2011

Hello,

I've been working on an RTF in Trados 2011. I saved my target file and went to open it but it only shows the original Russian text, not my English translation. I can view the target file as a Word doc using the 'View in' option in Trados, but how can I get it to RTF again?

And as I'm a newbie, do you think it would be a serious issue if I had to send a Word doc to my client tomorrow instead of the RTF?

Many thanks in advance,

Ashley

Robert Daraban  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 17:48
Member (2008)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Not a great problem Nov 29, 2011

Dear Ahley,

Whether you send a .doc file or a .rtf file it is the same, both file types can be opened by MS Word, regardless of version.

If however, you wish to send a .rtf file, open the .doc file and with File-Save As save it as a .rtf file.

[Edited at 2011-11-29 08:26 GMT]

Ashley Donnan  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:48
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 29, 2011

Dear Robert,

Thanks for your help. I realized after a moment of panicking that I could just 'save as' RTF anyway, so there was no need to worry.

Thanks again.

Ashley

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

RTF target file shows only source text Trados 2011

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search