Transferring Trados 2007 to a new computer
Thread poster: Jacqueline Joëlle Cimatche

Jacqueline Joëlle Cimatche
Local time: 12:18
English to French
+ ...
Nov 29, 2011

Hello,

I bought a new computer and would need your help in uninstalling Trados 2007 Freelance from my old computer and installing it onto the new one.
Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Jacqueline

Suzanne Blangsted  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:18
Danish to English
+ ...
trados transfer Nov 29, 2011

I presume you downloaded Trados from the seller (probably SDL-Trados). The seller will have a page with your account that shows what you downloaded. You can then download it again via your new computer. If you cannot remember your any ID or password you used when you first downloaded Trados, contact the seller and ask to get the information.

Blangsted

Jacqueline Joëlle Cimatche
Local time: 12:18
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank You! Nov 30, 2011

Thank you very much Blangsted for your answer. Its been helpful.
Jacqueline.

ZabiGG
Canada
Local time: 07:18
English to French
Deactivate your license first... Nov 30, 2011

Hello Jacqueline,

Friendly advice: You should deactivate your license through the License Manager before you uninstall and reinstall Trados elsewhere, or the system will consider it is still in use on your former computer, and getting it back will be quite difficult if you don't have a premium support plan still effective for your product.

I hope this helps!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transferring Trados 2007 to a new computer

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search