Copy segments into Excel to facilitate machine pre-translation?
Thread poster: German Services

German Services
Local time: 05:53
English to German
+ ...
Nov 29, 2011

I work with Studio 2009. I would like to pre-translate a document (Excel) using the Google Translator Toolkit and then create a TM from source and translation using Xbench.

Preferably, I would like to run a segmented file through the machine translation but I am unsure how to copy segments from Studio into an Excel file (or how to export segments in an appropriate file format). When I copy (multiple) segments from Studio into Excel, they do not paste properly.

I can pre-translate the unsegmented file but this will of course lead to fewer matches during the translation process.

Any ideas? I tried searching the forums but to no avail.

Thanks for your input.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copy segments into Excel to facilitate machine pre-translation?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search