Thread poster: Hyung Chan Ko

Hyung Chan Ko  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 09:31
Member (2008)
Korean to English
+ ...
Nov 30, 2011

I have the txml file for source and txt file for TM.

Can I use TagEditor on Wordfast files?

If the answer is yes, how can I do it?

Nicolas Coyer (X)  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 20:01
Spanish to French
+ ...
tag settings file Nov 30, 2011

Hi,

You will probably have to define a tag settings file (*.ini) file as the Wordfast format is xml-based. Go to Tools > Tag Settings > New to create it.

Good luck!
Nicolas

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:01
French to Polish
+ ...
Copy source to target... memoQ... Nov 30, 2011

Nicolas Coyer wrote:

You will probably have to define a tag settings file (*.ini) file as the Wordfast format is xml-based. Go to Tools > Tag Settings > New to create it.

Copy the source to target before you proceed in Wordfast (Ctrl+Alt+Ins, you can use a demo version).

Nonetheless, TagEditor is probably the worse software one may imagine for CAT hopping for Wordfast Pro files.
IMO, you should rather download a 45-days memoQ demo (memoQ handles TXML files ut of the box).

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2011-11-30 09:16 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to Use TagEditor on Wordfast files?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search