https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/213169-how_to_lock_100_matches_not_from_my_tm.html

How to lock 100% matches not from my TM
Thread poster: Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:51
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Nov 30, 2011

I've been given a ttx to proofread and I've been asked not to touch the 100% matches. I've opened it in Studio 2011 and can see this:

Since the 100% matches have arrived as such in the file (I haven't pretranslated the file with my own TM), is there a way that I can lock these 100% matches? The filter by "100% matches" doesn't work in this case. And there are abou
... See more
I've been given a ttx to proofread and I've been asked not to touch the 100% matches. I've opened it in Studio 2011 and can see this:

Since the 100% matches have arrived as such in the file (I haven't pretranslated the file with my own TM), is there a way that I can lock these 100% matches? The filter by "100% matches" doesn't work in this case. And there are about 10,000 segments, so I can't do it one by one.

Thanks for any ideas,
Emma
Collapse

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
This bug makes us waste hours of time, and could have been very easily solved by SDL Sep 20, 2012

Same unsolved Trados problem here one year later

I am supposed to read thousands of words in a ttx for 11 euros, because "100% matches do not need to be reviewed", but Trados does not offer a way to filter out or lock 100% matches when they do not come from my own TM.

"New translated content" does not work either.

Another wasted sleepless night thanks to Trados.

-----------

Almost - after all I am going to waste just a few hours.
... See more
Same unsolved Trados problem here one year later

I am supposed to read thousands of words in a ttx for 11 euros, because "100% matches do not need to be reviewed", but Trados does not offer a way to filter out or lock 100% matches when they do not come from my own TM.

"New translated content" does not work either.

Another wasted sleepless night thanks to Trados.

-----------

Almost - after all I am going to waste just a few hours. I figured out that by editing the original ttx with a text editor I could manage to import it in Excel and then filter the rows based on the match value.
Then I will clean and read those lines and copy my changes into the original ttx in Trados.

Actually this makes me even more unhappy, bacause it DEMOSTRATES HOW EASILY SDL PROGRAMMERS COULD HAVE SOLVED THE PROLEM. Now I have spent hundreds of euros for a software that not only is not helping me, but is not even trying to help, and is just imposing additional hours of work before and after I my actual review work.

[Modificato alle 2012-09-20 23:02 GMT]
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Can I see what you're doing? Sep 21, 2012

Hi Luca,

I just pretranslated a docx in Workbench so that half of it was 100% matched. I then opened the TTX in Studio and was able to filter on the 100% matches. What process did you go through and what version of the software are you using?

Even with an older version where this was a problem I guess you could update a clean TM in Studio with the TTX and then pretranslate the TTX again so that now the matches are coming from the Studio TM.

Regards
... See more
Hi Luca,

I just pretranslated a docx in Workbench so that half of it was 100% matched. I then opened the TTX in Studio and was able to filter on the 100% matches. What process did you go through and what version of the software are you using?

Even with an older version where this was a problem I guess you could update a clean TM in Studio with the TTX and then pretranslate the TTX again so that now the matches are coming from the Studio TM.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

András Szabados
András Szabados  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2009)
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Same problem - apparently solved in SP2R Oct 8, 2012

I've just encountered the same problem, and solved it as follows:

View -> Toolbars -> Display Filter

Display: 100% matches

Select all segments by shift + right click

Right click -> Lock

Display: All Segments

Hope this helps.

Enzo Ezequiel Placereano

Emma Goldsmith
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Source of 100% matches. Oct 8, 2012

András Szabados wrote:

Display: 100% matches

Displaying 100% matches is a great resource when the matches come from your own TM, but when they come as shown in the screenshot above, translated on another machine and in Tag Editor (I think), the Studio filter won't distinguish them as such.

But you're right, filtering and locking 100% matches that result from pretranslating a file against your own TM is a good idea for "run of the mill" 100% matches.

András Szabados
András Szabados  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2009)
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Populate your TM with the pretranslated matches Oct 9, 2012

Sorry about that. I was too preoccupied finding a solution to my own problem to notice the difference in our situations.

However, this very difference gave me an idea. If you receive a file such as this, why not try and populate either a dummy TM set up for this purpose or your working TM with the 100% matches provided by the client.

Next, prepare the project again, making sure that the TM just populated is involved. The matches should turn dark green as they come from
... See more
Sorry about that. I was too preoccupied finding a solution to my own problem to notice the difference in our situations.

However, this very difference gave me an idea. If you receive a file such as this, why not try and populate either a dummy TM set up for this purpose or your working TM with the 100% matches provided by the client.

Next, prepare the project again, making sure that the TM just populated is involved. The matches should turn dark green as they come from you own TM. This means that you should be able to filter for them as described above.

Hope this really helps as opposed to my previous comment
Collapse

Elzbieta Wojcicka
Elzbieta Wojcicka
Netherlands
Dutch to Polish
+ ...
Simulate X-translation Oct 9, 2012

What you could do is to mark 100% matches as X-translated matches:

1. Open your TTX file in any text editor
2. Search for <Tu MatchPercent="100">
3. Replace with <Tu Origin="xtranslate" MatchPercent="100">
4. Save the file and open it in Studio
5. All X-translated matches will appear as confirmed and locked PerfectMatch segments.
6. When you finished review, save the file as TTX, open it again in a text editor and remove Origin="xtranslate"
... See more
What you could do is to mark 100% matches as X-translated matches:

1. Open your TTX file in any text editor
2. Search for <Tu MatchPercent="100">
3. Replace with <Tu Origin="xtranslate" MatchPercent="100">
4. Save the file and open it in Studio
5. All X-translated matches will appear as confirmed and locked PerfectMatch segments.
6. When you finished review, save the file as TTX, open it again in a text editor and remove Origin="xtranslate"

[Edited at 2012-10-09 06:41 GMT]
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the ideas Oct 9, 2012

Interesting ideas, András and Elzbieta, thank you. I'll give them a try next time I get a TTX to revise in Studio.
Emma

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to lock 100% matches not from my TM

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »