Trados Studio 2011 - Culture ID 3132 not supported
Thread poster: Michael Bauer

Michael Bauer
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:29
English to Scottish Gaelic
+ ...
Dec 1, 2011

I'm having to migrate from Trados 6.5 (don't giggle, it worked...) to Trados 2011 Freelance (to to forced migration from XP to Win 7 Pro). Allegedly, it's capable of migrating/upgrading existing TM's but when I go to Tools > Upgrade, I get the error message "tmx could not be loaded, Culture ID 3132 (0x0C3C) is not a supported culture".

Any ideas on how to fix this? I came across this forum post on here about a similar-ish problem but that was for Trados 2009.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Bauer
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:29
English to Scottish Gaelic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Dec 6, 2011

Just in case someone else comes across this, I'll post the solution.

The problem arose because there was a mismatch between the language codes. 6.5. did not offer Scottish Gaelic so I had used Irish but this would not import or upgrade even. The solution was to take the tmx, open in in a text editor and replace the ga-CT code with gd-GB. Once I did that, I was able to import it into 2011 as Scottish Gaelic.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 - Culture ID 3132 not supported

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search