Removing certain terms from TM
Thread poster: Ellis Jongsma
Ellis Jongsma  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 04:16
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
Dec 2, 2011

At the moment I have several projects going on for which I use Trados. I forgot to close the TM for project 1 when I worked on project 2, so terms for project 2 are now included in the TM for project 1. Hence my question: How can I remove certain terms out of the TM for project 1? And is there perhaps a way to search on date, so I can do this more quickly?

Thanks in advance.
(I've never removed a term from a TM before.)

Direct link Reply with quote

Michael Grant
Japan
Local time: 11:16
Japanese to English
Maybe try the "TMX editor" Dec 2, 2011

How can I remove certain terms out of the TM for project 1? And is there perhaps a way to search on date, so I can do this more quickly?

Hi Ellis,

I don't know if there is an easy way to do this using just TRADOS Workbench...but you might take a look at the free TMX editor software discussed here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/212794-vtmxeditor_::_new_free_tmx_editor.html#1847605

TMX Editor allows you to view your TM in tabular format, but more importantly, it allows you to save the file as a tab-delimited text file that can be edited easily in Excel! I say this because you can sort by any of the fields (i.e. creationdate, changedate, lastusagedate, etc.). Maybe this will allow you to find and delete the entries more easily...

MLGrant

PS. It also allows you to open the tab-delimited text file and re-save it as a TMX!

[Edited at 2011-12-02 09:00 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Removing certain terms from TM

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search