Thread poster: Ana Milosevic

Ana Milosevic  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:39
Member (2006)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Dec 2, 2011

Hi,

I'm having problems with a Trados analysis. A client sent me translation files and analysis and according to it I have 3500 no matches, 1000 fuzzies and some repetitions. When I do the analysis on my computer, Trados counts all the fuzzies as no matches and it does not recognize them as fuzzies. I tried doing the analysis on my old laptop and I got the same result as the client did. So I'm guessing something is wrong with my Trados. I checked TM options and everything seems fine, but I might be overlooking something.
I also tried deinstalling the Trados and installing it again, but it didn't help.

Please advise.

Thanks

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Same TM? Dec 2, 2011

Just to sort out the obvious: Did you use the same TM for the analysis as your client?

Member (2006)
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Dec 2, 2011

I used the TM the client sent

And that same TM gives the results identical to the client's on another computer.

[Edited at 2011-12-02 12:45 GMT]

Géraldine Chantegrel  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
German to French
+ ...
Penalties Dec 2, 2011

Did you check the Penalties? Varying penalty settings can greatly impact the analysis...

Member (2006)
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did check the Penalties Dec 4, 2011

I also made sure all the TM options are the same, but still, the analysis differs. I guess there must be another Workbench setting which should be different, but I cannot think of one.

Atso Puronen
Local time: 07:39
English to Finnish
File format Dec 5, 2011

What's the file format?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Trados 7.5 analysis

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search