Thread poster: Toby Wakely

Toby Wakely  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:02
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 2, 2011

At the risk of sounding like a new kid-which I am- I have to ask what is Tag Editor and where can I find it? A potential client recently asked for this. I know it´s connected with Trados, but does it appear on the Trados 2011 Starter version?

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert Daraban  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 16:02
Member (2008)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Trados TagEditor Dec 2, 2011

Hello,

Trados TagEditor is an application included in SDLTrados 2007. It is used for translating texts containing tags, which are not to be altered. Furthermore these type of files (.ttx) keep both source and target text.

In case of SDL Trados Studio 2011.
Trados 2011 does not include TagEditor. It works with sdlxliff files and it allows the translation of most file types. .ttx included as well, I think.

However, please note, that if you translate a .ttx file with Studio 2011, it is possible, that your source text disapperas and only the target text remains, with all the tags in their place.

So if the source text is not requested for further procedures, the translation can be done with Studio 2011 as well.

I hoe I was helpful.
Good luck.

Toby Wakely  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:02
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 2, 2011

OK, thanks.So basically, I shouldn´t be worse off using Trados 2011.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is Tag Editor?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search