Thread poster: Laurent Slowack

Laurent Slowack  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:10
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 4, 2011

Dear colleagues,

I have been trying to use Automated translation in TagEditor 2007 to no avail.
Further details on the version: Translator's Workbench/SDLX, Version 8.0 Freelance.
Thanks for your follow-up.

Direct link Reply with quote

Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:10
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
What are you trying to do? Dec 4, 2011

Could you elaborate on what you are trying to do, what steps you took and what happened?

Laurent Slowack  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:10
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trying Automated Translation Dec 5, 2011

In the Workbench I go to Translation Memory Options - Automated Translation (Beta) - and I get a grey screen, so I have no way to get this feature activated.

Michael Grant
Japan
Local time: 21:10
Japanese to English
Asked and answered? Dec 5, 2011

Laurent Slowack wrote:

In the Workbench I go to Translation Memory Options - Automated Translation (Beta) - and I get a grey screen, so I have no way to get this feature activated.

I found your March 11 inquiry about this same problem (here: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/194030-automated_translation_through_workbench_beta_not_working_language_pair_en_dutch.html#1771805)

It was eventually answered in a July 15 post:

MichAlt wrote:

Hi,

After I've had Trados for several years, I've only just thought I'd try out the then new automated translated feature. I can activate it, get a connection to their server but it's not working and the next time I look at it, it says that this feature is not available.
I found this information here (site only in Geman):
http://www.translationzone.com/de/landing/newsletter/december08/product.asp
It says that the automated translation feature is available to SDL Trados 2007 Suite users free of charge for a period of 12 months. I'm not sure if this applies to your and my situation but if so, this could be the reason. Haven't found any information as to whether or not you can buy or use it in another way after those 12 months. Still quite mysterious but this could be it. The latest Trados versions include this feature automatically, I think. Would still be nice having it in the Workbench/Tag Editor.

All the best

And I can second this opinion because I just tried it myself and got the exact same behavior (i.e. I could initially activate it and successfully test connectivity, but as soon as I closed Workbench and re-opened it, the [Automated Translation (Beta)] tab is now grayed-out/inaccessible.)

I am positive this was only a trial implementation of that feature (hence the "beta" designation)...Unfortunately, I think you'll have to upgrade to Studio in order to use this feature...

MLGrant

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor and Automated translation

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search