Ivan Tobias
Ivan Tobias  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:09
Slovak to English
+ ...
Dec 4, 2011

Hi guys,

I have just been given a project to complete for one of my clients however the only files I've received were a single *.mdb file and several SDL edit documents. I'm quite sure that *.mdb file is a multiterm file but I have no idea how to proceed. I've even received a trados breakdown for the number of matches and fuzzy matches just as I would for Trados (TagEditor, Workbench), so I know that I'm supposed to translate the source but how?

I'm sure there are many
... See more
Hi guys,

I have just been given a project to complete for one of my clients however the only files I've received were a single *.mdb file and several SDL edit documents. I'm quite sure that *.mdb file is a multiterm file but I have no idea how to proceed. I've even received a trados breakdown for the number of matches and fuzzy matches just as I would for Trados (TagEditor, Workbench), so I know that I'm supposed to translate the source but how?

I'm sure there are many of you who regularly work with Multiterm so please take a minute and help me understand.

Thanks

Ivan
Collapse

Roberto Lombino
Roberto Lombino  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:09
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
SDL Multiterm converter 2011 Dec 4, 2011

I think you should study the part about multi term convertion
there is a tool with this name SDL Multiterm convert 2011, if you have this version.
After reding the help you will learn what to do with the .mdb file.

For other versions of trados I cannot help you

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 09:09
German to English
+ ...
Load external Termbase... Dec 4, 2011

Hi Ivan,
if you use Multiterm 2007 and Tageditor/Workbench, you first have to open Multiterm, select "Load external termbase..." in the termbase menu and enter the path to the mdb file.
When you're done, you'll be able to connect the termbase in the workbench through termrecognition.

If you use Studio, just select the mdb file in project settings/termbase/open a local termbase.

Sébastien

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm - translating

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »