Thread poster: Ivan Tobias
Ivan Tobias  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:32
Slovak to English
+ ...
Dec 4, 2011

Hi guys,

I have just been given a project to complete for one of my clients however the only files I've received were a single *.mdb file and several SDL edit documents. I'm quite sure that *.mdb file is a multiterm file but I have no idea how to proceed. I've even received a trados breakdown for the number of matches and fuzzy matches just as I would for Trados (TagEditor, Workbench), so I know that I'm supposed to translate the source but how?

I'm sure there are many of you who regularly work with Multiterm so please take a minute and help me understand.

Thanks

Ivan

Direct link Reply with quote

Roberto Lombino  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:32
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
SDL Multiterm converter 2011 Dec 4, 2011

I think you should study the part about multi term convertion
there is a tool with this name SDL Multiterm convert 2011, if you have this version.
After reding the help you will learn what to do with the .mdb file.

For other versions of trados I cannot help you

RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 09:32
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Load external Termbase... Dec 4, 2011

Hi Ivan,
if you use Multiterm 2007 and Tageditor/Workbench, you first have to open Multiterm, select "Load external termbase..." in the termbase menu and enter the path to the mdb file.
When you're done, you'll be able to connect the termbase in the workbench through termrecognition.

If you use Studio, just select the mdb file in project settings/termbase/open a local termbase.

Sébastien

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm - translating

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search