Why can't I add a termbase that was created in MultiTerm 2011 in Studio 2011?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Dec 5, 2011

I created a Chinese-Swedish termbase in MultiTerm Desktop 2011 by first using MultiTerm 2011 Convert to convert the Excel file to import-format for MultiTerm. I worked fine to open this termbase in MultiTerm Desktop 2011.

But when I try to add this same termbase in SDL Trados Studio 2011, I receive the error message that "This termbase cannot be opened because it has been created with an unsupported version of MultiTerm.

Why do I get this error message, even though I created the termbase in MultiTerm Desktop 2011 and tried to open it in SDL Trados Studio 2011? Shouldn't MultiTerm 2011 and Studio 2011 be compatible?

I think perhaps it has something to do with the index pane, but I'm not clear what might need to be changed there. I created a termbase with source language simplified Chinese and target language Swedish, 13,500 words. The languages in the project in SDL Trados Studio 2011 are simplified Chinese to Swedish.

[Edited at 2011-12-05 13:09 GMT]

It worked now when I added the termbase directly when creating the new project (New project, Add termbase):

"The default termbase has been changed so the indexes have been changed. Please check that the new indexes are correct."

However, it still doesn't work to search in Studio in this termbase (words that I know are in the termbase are not found), so probably the new indexes are not correct. The termbase is enabled in project settings, but indexes in projects settings in SDL Studio in the window where the termbase is listed are for simplified Chinese and Swedish. I think I can recall when I created the new project (and added the Chinese-Swedish termbase) that I somewhere in the process could see that there were indexes for three languages: simplified Chinese, English and Swedish.

No, it works to search the termbase, just takes a long time because the opened file in Studio is so large.

[Edited at 2011-12-05 16:05 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why can't I add a termbase that was created in MultiTerm 2011 in Studio 2011?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search