Thread poster: Maurice Koopman
Maurice Koopman  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 12:14
English to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 5, 2011

Dear colleagues,

Is it normal for Trados 2007 (clean TM) not to indicate any resemblance between sentences in text when analysing it? Put in other words: does Trados 2007 only indicate repititions of complete sentences? I have a text with very similar, long sentences where only one or two words differ, but Trados reports no partial match. If I copy a complete sentence however, than it does report repetition. It's the first time I have noticed this and I think it's really odd. I do have some problems with Trados lately: when I try to open a sentence in Word with Trados 2007 WB using the Trados icons in Word - WB opened first - a pop-up appears saying that Trados isn't running. I solve this by closing Word and Trados, starting Trados anew, opening a new, empty Word file and typing some characters in there. Mostly Trados opens this 'sentence' I typed in and subsequently Trados also opens the sentences in the documents I have to translate.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Maurice

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:14
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Normal Dec 5, 2011

The analysis reports repetitions and matches. But with an empty TM there are no matches, of course.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Analysing files in Trados 2007 with clean TM

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search