Can I use SDL MultiTerm Extract to extract key terms intelligently from documents?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Dec 6, 2011

Can I use SDL MultiTerm Extract to extract key terms intelligently from documents?

So that I can choose conditions and critera for extraction of terms from websites or highly technical documents and create a termbase of this which I translate to target language/s? In a similar way as I can do with Concordance and WordSmith?

Regarding creation of the actual termbase, in what ways does it differ between MultiTerm Desktop and MultiTerm Extract? Are they exactly the same in this regard, or are there any differences? Can I create cross-references and references, insert illustrations and pictures as well as example usage and context etc. in both Desktop and Extract version of MultiTerm?

I'm considering purchasing MultiTerm Extract for the purpose of extracting large volumes of terms from technical texts, but wonder if it's worth the expense or not. There are also other alternatives, such as Concordance or WordSmith, or tlTerm in TLex Suite that I already have a licence for. The advantage with choosing MultiTerm Extract would be that it integrates with SDL Trados Studio 2011, which the other alternatives don't.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search