Can I use SDL MultiTerm Extract to extract key terms intelligently from documents?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 05:03
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Dec 6, 2011

Can I use SDL MultiTerm Extract to extract key terms intelligently from documents?

So that I can choose conditions and critera for extraction of terms from websites or highly technical documents and create a termbase of this which I translate to target language/s? In a similar way as I can do with Concordance and WordSmith?

Regarding creation of the actual termbase, in what ways does it differ between MultiTerm Desktop and MultiTerm Extract? Are they exactly the same in
... See more

So that I can choose conditions and critera for extraction of terms from websites or highly technical documents and create a termbase of this which I translate to target language/s? In a similar way as I can do with Concordance and WordSmith?

Regarding creation of the actual termbase, in what ways does it differ between MultiTerm Desktop and MultiTerm Extract? Are they exactly the same in this regard, or are there any differences? Can I create cross-references and references, insert illustrations and pictures as well as example usage and context etc. in both Desktop and Extract version of MultiTerm?

I'm considering purchasing MultiTerm Extract for the purpose of extracting large volumes of terms from technical texts, but wonder if it's worth the expense or not. There are also other alternatives, such as Concordance or WordSmith, or tlTerm in TLex Suite that I already have a licence for. The advantage with choosing MultiTerm Extract would be that it integrates with SDL Trados Studio 2011, which the other alternatives don't.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
MultiTerm
One central location to store and manage multilingual terminology.

By providing access to all those involved in applying terminology (such as engineers, marketers, translators, and terminologists), our terminology management solution ensures consistent and high-quality content from source through to translation.

More info »