Studio 2009 - How to identify strings for which translation was changed
Thread poster: cducharme

cducharme  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:28
English to French
Dec 6, 2011

I am using Studio 2009 to translate multiple files in a project.
I translate a string in file A and confirm it so it is uploaded in the TM. I then see this same string in file B and identify a typo in it, so I edit the string and upload it again in the TM.

When I will reopen file A, how can I identify that my translation for a string has changed ? (If I manually insert my curser on the string, the system displays an orange background in the translation results window to iden
... See more
I am using Studio 2009 to translate multiple files in a project.
I translate a string in file A and confirm it so it is uploaded in the TM. I then see this same string in file B and identify a typo in it, so I edit the string and upload it again in the TM.

When I will reopen file A, how can I identify that my translation for a string has changed ? (If I manually insert my curser on the string, the system displays an orange background in the translation results window to identify the different translation, but is there a view or command that allows me to automatically see all those strings that differ from what is presently in the TM)?
Collapse

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:28
Member (1970)
English
Sounds like Translate to Fuzzy... Dec 6, 2011

Hi,

If you are a Studio user then you need Studio 2011 for this as the feature doesn't exist in 2009.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 - How to identify strings for which translation was changed

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search