Studio 2009 - How to identify strings for which translation was changed
Thread poster: cducharme

cducharme  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:27
English to French
Dec 6, 2011

I am using Studio 2009 to translate multiple files in a project.
I translate a string in file A and confirm it so it is uploaded in the TM. I then see this same string in file B and identify a typo in it, so I edit the string and upload it again in the TM.

When I will reopen file A, how can I identify that my translation for a string has changed ? (If I manually insert my curser on the string, the system displays an orange background in the translation results window to iden
... See more
I am using Studio 2009 to translate multiple files in a project.
I translate a string in file A and confirm it so it is uploaded in the TM. I then see this same string in file B and identify a typo in it, so I edit the string and upload it again in the TM.

When I will reopen file A, how can I identify that my translation for a string has changed ? (If I manually insert my curser on the string, the system displays an orange background in the translation results window to identify the different translation, but is there a view or command that allows me to automatically see all those strings that differ from what is presently in the TM)?
Collapse

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:27
Member (1970)
English
Sounds like Translate to Fuzzy... Dec 6, 2011

Hi,

If you are a Studio user then you need Studio 2011 for this as the feature doesn't exist in 2009.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 - How to identify strings for which translation was changed

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »