Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Trados Studio 2011 - installation problem Service "Nalperion Licensing Service" (nlsX86cc)
Thread poster: Saša Jovanović
Saša Jovanović
Saša Jovanović  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 14:11
German to Serbian
+ ...
Dec 6, 2011

Service "Nalperion Licensing Service" (nlsX86cc) faild to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

Any suggestions

Eberhard Nietzer
Eberhard Nietzer  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Same Problem Jan 18, 2012

Did you find a solution for this problem?
I could not solve it yet.

Jakov Milicevic
Jakov Milicevic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2010)
Croatian to Italian
+ ...
A similar problem Jan 18, 2012

I have upgraded from Trados 2009 Freelance to Trados 2011 Freelance in November but SDL still didn't find any solution for my problem except re-installing the whole system (no way!). My problem occurs when I start the program.
I hope they are going to find a solution

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Try deleting the services? Jan 18, 2012

Hi,

You could try deleting the Nalpeiron services and then run a repair of Studio which should then reinstall the services.

To delete the services try the following:

1. Run Command Prompt as an Admin

2. Run the following commands:

• - sc delete NALSERV

- sc delete nlsX86cc

You may only have the nlsX86cc service but run both just in case.

3. Now run a repair of Studio

4. ... See more
Hi,

You could try deleting the Nalpeiron services and then run a repair of Studio which should then reinstall the services.

To delete the services try the following:

1. Run Command Prompt as an Admin

2. Run the following commands:

• - sc delete NALSERV

- sc delete nlsX86cc

You may only have the nlsX86cc service but run both just in case.

3. Now run a repair of Studio

Let me know if this helps?

Regards

Helen

[Edited at 2012-01-18 10:56 GMT]
Collapse

Eberhard Nietzer
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Nalpeiron Licensing Service Jan 19, 2012

Thank you for your suggestion, Helen.
As neither NALSERV nor nlsX86cc are installed on my system I cannot delete these files. Can I run a repair of Studio although I never had it installed due to the Nalpeiron problem?

Regards,

Eberhard

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
A repair is always welcome... Jan 19, 2012

Eberhard Nietzer wrote:

As neither NALSERV nor nlsX86cc are installed on my system I cannot delete these files. Can I run a repair of Studio although I never had it installed due to the Nalpeiron problem?

IMO, you should do it if you never activated Studio.
If it works, it's OK.

Generally, I tend to think Nalpeiron is a crap worse than Macromedia stuff used in the latest Trados versions.
I.e. it seems really simple if it works but when it sucks, you should be a kind of IT guru...
E.g., see
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/216143-license_table_altered.html

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2012-01-19 20:47 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Installing the services Jan 19, 2012

Eberhard Nietzer wrote:

Regards,

Eberhard

Hi Eberhard,

As GG said, yes you should try this. If this fails to install the services then drop me an email and I'll send you a tool to do this seperately.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Grzegorz Gryc
French to Polish
+ ...
Bashing Nalpeiron... Jan 20, 2012

SDL Support wrote:

Eberhard Nietzer wrote:

As GG said, yes you should try this. If this fails to install the services then drop me an email and I'll send you a tool to do this seperately.

Paul, tell the poor guys who handle the Nalpeiron activation they should read the Windows guidelines related to the user rights.

They display false messages e.g. on Windows 7 i.e. they don't understand the difference between an administrative account and "Run as administrator" feature.
It's possible they don't check some conditions and the service setup fails silently if UAC is enabled.

Eberhard, can you give us some description of your machine (operating system etc.)?

PS
These guys are really incompetent.
E.g. the Activation module fails (i.e. Studio hangs) when I want to change the license server name when the first license server is down.
I suppose they never tested it, as usually.

Cheers
GG

Eberhard Nietzer
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Nalpeiron Jan 20, 2012

Hi GG and Paul,
thank you for not leaving me alone with this.
I have a multi-boot system with Windows XP Professional and WIndows 7 Professional, 2 GB RAM.
Under Windows 7, when I right-click the SDLTradosStudio2011_SP1.exe file it does not offer me a repair installation.
Double-clicking it starts the installation process which is then aborted with the described error message.
So how do I run a repair installation?
Under Windows XP I get the error message "Pac
... See more
Hi GG and Paul,
I have a multi-boot system with Windows XP Professional and WIndows 7 Professional, 2 GB RAM.
Under Windows 7, when I right-click the SDLTradosStudio2011_SP1.exe file it does not offer me a repair installation.
Double-clicking it starts the installation process which is then aborted with the described error message.
Under Windows XP I get the error message "Package Microsoft NET Frames 4 could not be installed. Error number 5100."
The error message under XP does not worry me because I want to use Studio under Windows 7, not XP.
Have a good weekend,
Eberhard
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
French to Polish
+ ...
Dual boot... error messages... Jan 20, 2012

Eberhard Nietzer wrote:

I have a multi-boot system

Oh, damn.
It may be the reason.
Probably one instance of Nalpeiron damages the data of the other one.
Probably this tool is so stupid it writes its data blindly at the CHS:0,0,63 (physical).
For a more detailed explanation, see the thread:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/216143-license_table_altered.html

with Windows XP Professional and WIndows 7 Professional, 2 GB RAM.

Go to the Control Panel, Programs, Programs and functions, then right click on the SDL Trados Studio 2011, the repair option is displayed there...

Under Windows XP I get the error message "Package Microsoft NET Frames 4 could not be installed. Error number 5100."
The error message under XP does not worry me because I want to use Studio under Windows 7, not XP.

The explanation of the message above is as cryptic as the message itself, i.e. "The user's computer does not meet system requirements."
Probably some update is not installed on your system.
Just run Windows Update and see again the .Net 4 setup.
But, first of all, If Nalpeiron is installed there, remove it ASAP and use only W7 for S2011.

Cheers
GG

Eberhard Nietzer
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Nalpeiro Jan 24, 2012

I found the Nalpeiro service under XP and deactivated it.
But I could not delete it from the services tab. So I went to the Windows/System/System 32 folder and deleted the 2 Nalpeiron files to be found there. Then i went back to Windows 7 and ran the studio installation program again. To my disappointment the installation was again aborted with the same error message.
GG, thank you for staying with me so long.
Do you have any other suggestion?

Has SDL Trados found
... See more
I found the Nalpeiro service under XP and deactivated it.
But I could not delete it from the services tab. So I went to the Windows/System/System 32 folder and deleted the 2 Nalpeiron files to be found there. Then i went back to Windows 7 and ran the studio installation program again. To my disappointment the installation was again aborted with the same error message.
GG, thank you for staying with me so long.
Do you have any other suggestion?

Has SDL Trados found a solution meanwhie?
Although I have paid for my license I do not even get to run a trial version!
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Pending solution... Jan 24, 2012

Eberhard Nietzer wrote:

Has SDL Trados found a solution meanwhie?
Although I have paid for my license I do not even get to run a trial version!

Hello Eberhard,

We are testing a solution we received from Nalpeiron this week and will be back to you once we have something that we think resolves the issue satisfactorily.

Regards

Paul

Steve Erpelding
Steve Erpelding  Identity Verified
Spain
French to German
+ ...
Resolved Feb 27, 2012

Hi Paul,

how did the testing going. I've got the same issue under Windows 7. I managed to delete ther services, but when repairing the Studio 2011 I'm getting the error message again: failed to start the service.

kind regards,

Steve

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
CU4 Feb 27, 2012

Hi Steve,

This should have been resolved with the release of CU4 for Studio 2011. You can find the details here if you have not installed this yet:

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=4077&p=1

If you have autoupdate enabled this will happen automatically after starting Studio.

Regards

Paul

Steve Erpelding
Steve Erpelding  Identity Verified
Spain
French to German
+ ...
same error Feb 27, 2012

Hi Paul,

I'm getting the same error when trying to install the patch.

kind regards,

Steve

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 - installation problem Service "Nalperion Licensing Service" (nlsX86cc)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »