Convert multiple .htm files to .ttx
Thread poster: Dimmo
Dimmo
Local time: 06:49
English to Bulgarian
Dec 7, 2011

Hello!

Is there a way to convert multiple files to ttx format?

In my case I have to convert over 400 htm files into ttx format... It takes nearly a minute to open each.
Even if I select multiple files in Tag Editor, I have to select .ini file for each file and that is very time consuming.

Thank you in advance!

Dimmo

[Edited at 2011-12-07 14:02 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:49
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Trados WorkBench? Dec 8, 2011

I suppose you are not working with T2009 orT2011, and that you want to obtain bilingual ttxs.

Using a blank memory, in TWB go to Tools>Translate. Check "Segment unknown sentences." Go to Add and select all the htm files you want to convert. Click on "Translate" and that is it. For 400 files it will take some time.

What I don´t understand is what you need the .ini file for. Are not the files standard html? If so, TRADOS already knows how to identify the tags on them for producing the TTXs.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Convert multiple .htm files to .ttx

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search