Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 15:34
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Dec 9, 2011

Hi,

I completed a translation yesterday from a Word document. I was later asked to provide the unclean version.

I have realized that the document in Trados 2009 had 135 segments. But, it becomes 127 segments when exported to TMX. And, naturally, in the unclean version some segments remained as English original.

Besides, those untranslated segments have no hidden tags before and after, the P button is pressed.

2009 TM export does not give any other option for TMX file.

When the target translated file exported from Trados 2009, everything is OK. Nothing is missing. No untranslated source code.

I could not really find anything of this sort on the support site.

Thank you for your help in advance

Hakan

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:34
English
Maybe duplicate segments Dec 9, 2011

Hello,

Were all 135 segments unique? Maybe that's the reason.

Regards

Paul

Turkey
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
not that actually Dec 9, 2011

SDL Support wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Were all 135 segments unique? Maybe that's the reason.

Regards

Paul

There are repetitions. A couple. But, there are some segments appear in Trados 2009. I translated them. And they appear fine when I exported the translated version. Noting missing.

Upon your reply, I have just opened tmx file in notepad. I have realised that nothing seems to be missing. All of my translated segments are there.

I think Workbench could not get the segment and translate the document properly, though they are in the TMX file.

I put 2 screen shots in my public folder in Skydrive. One showing T2009 exported file and another one Workbench that missed out the segments in the unclean file.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=e0afdd2b90883e65&resid=E0AFDD2B90883E65!723&parid=root

Thank you for the help

Hakan

Turkey
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
keeps happening Dec 15, 2011

it keeps happening even in plain text word documents. It always omits one or two sentences which are not segment. No hidden text separation either when pressed reverse P.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

why exporting less segments from TM in 2009

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search