Studio 2011: the Information Pane in the Termbase Viewer is Empty
Thread poster: Hal D'Arpini

Hal D'Arpini  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:33
French to English
+ ...
Dec 9, 2011

I just installed Trados Studio 2011 on Wednesday, and I've now come across my first major issue: the information pane (the right-hand side pane) in the Termbase Viewer is blank.

I've been going through some of the basic video tutorials on translating documents and have been successful in creating termbases, loading termbases, and adding terms to termbases. Terms appear properly on the Term Recognition tab in the Term Recognition panel, are highlighted in the source text, and are likewise properly listed on the left-hand pane of the Termbase Viewer.

The only thing not working is when I click on a term on the list in the left-hand pane of the Termbase Viewer and the correponding information for that term doesn't appear in the right-hand pane. Nothing. It looks like something is happening when I click the edit button; the ittle spinning thing on my mouse arrow starts spining. I can press all the buttons. It's just that nothing shows up on the right. Same thing in MultiTerm. When I open a termbase, I see the list, but when I click on an entry, nothing comes up.

Obvously this is an issue, because I can't review any information about each term, and importantly, I can't edit any terms. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dr. Elena Maria A Chandler (Ph.D.)
Local time: 05:33
German to English
+ ...
Having the same problem Jul 28, 2012

Did you ever get an answer about this? I am having the same problem. In fact, when I set the project up, my termbase was displaying, but upon closing the program and reopening it, I cannot get anything to display. I check what termbases are loaded and supposedly mine are. I tried removing and re-adding them - nothing.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Java? Jul 28, 2012

Hi

Lately it appears that Java is blocking here.

What in most of the cases helped was to uninstall the latest Java installation that you have in your list of installed programs and try then to see if terms appear on the right-hand-side or when click the edit mode for a term.

Kind regards
Richard

Lars Hoej  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Seems to be JavaFX 2.1.1. Aug 24, 2012

I have never seen the problem until a few days ago, when then Termbase viewer's right pane became empty. Also part of the Translation window was covered with a grey block. Furthermore i would sometimes get all white space in segment. Quite annoying.
Inspired by Ríchard's comment I uninstalled JavaFX 2.1.1 (not Java 6 or 7) - which I don't think is necessary on most PC's.
Now it works great.

YukoShiino  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2010)
English to Japanese
+ ...
My TM is empty Aug 24, 2012

My information pane in the termbase vierwer says it is empty.
I need help. Where do I go? Thanks.

Michael Bailey  Identity Verified
Austria
German to English
+ ...
EditController blocked... May 6, 2013

I have had a similar problem, which I have isolated to being EditController being blocked from running due to Security Settings.

I found a solution for it here:

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?ArticleId=4645#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4645

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: the Information Pane in the Termbase Viewer is Empty

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search