Thread poster: Astrid vanBeek

Astrid vanBeek  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:02
English to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 11, 2011

Hi all,
I would like to work on my ITD files in Studio 2011, but when I try to set up my project I get the message: "Unexpected error during file detection: TTX files are not supported".
The extension of my files is .tag.ttx.itd and I know they were created in Quark Express.

While googling I think I read something about a space after a page break being the culprit, but I cannot find that reference anymore.

Is there anyone that knows and has a solution, so I do not have to work in SDLX anymore?

Thanks!
Astrid

Direct link Reply with quote

Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:02
English to Russian
Check file types Dec 11, 2011

Go to Menu> Tools> Options
Click on "File types" in the left pane and check TRADOStag option in the right pane.

[Edited at 2011-12-11 17:25 GMT]

Astrid vanBeek  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:02
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
'regular' ttx or itd files are not affected Dec 11, 2011

OK. Maybe I should have been more clear:
If I work on a file that has JUST a TTX or ITD extension, then everything is ok.
(ttx and itd setting in Trados are set-up correct, thanks Alexey)

This occurs ONLY when the files have 'multiple' extensions.
I know it must have to do with the original file structure, but I cannot find the correct info on it.

Thanks
Astrid

Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:02
English to Russian
Try to get the original ttx version Dec 12, 2011

Dear Astrid,

Judging by the sequence of the extensions in your file name I understand you are dealing with a file first created in TagEditor (.ttx) and then converted into an SDLX file (.itd). I think multiple format conversions confuse the Studio as such transformations surely leave some traces in the code. So, my suggestion is you should ask the client to give you the source in TTX without converting it into an ITD file.
Best,

Alex

[Edited at 2011-12-12 05:24 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unexpected error during file detection: TTX files are not supported

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search