Thread poster: lexic

lexic
Spain
Local time: 06:08
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 12, 2011

Hi, we are looking for an expert in XML tags in TagEditor. We have a complex setting we need to address: the creation of an ini file that will block out xml tags included within other xml tags. See example below:

<TextFlow whiteSpaceCollapse="preserve" version="2.0.0" xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/textLayout/2008"><p><span>Edad de los metales</span></p></TextFlow>

We only want to translate the words "Edad de los metales" but we are not able to configure SDL Trados to recognise all being tags in this sentence (everything are tags but "Edad de los metales")

Do you know how to do it? Could you help us? Please let us know ASAP and we will contact you.

Many thanks
Mar Quesada

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:08
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
These are html-tags in XML file Dec 12, 2011

There is a possibility to mark them somehow. AFAIR Paul Filkin has posted a good tutorial here on how to, but I seem not to be able to find it.
What I would maybe do:
- Open the file as coded text in Word
- Tag the unnecessary things with the tw4wininternal/external style accordingly using Search & Replace with wildcards
- Save as Word
- Translate Word, save target
- Open target in Word and save as coded text
This way it could work.

monsk
Spain
Same problem Aug 3, 2013

Hello!

I am having the same problem and using Word isn't really an option, since there are too many files to translate.

Does anyone have the solution to this?
My HTML are inside a few tags inside the XML.

If you have any clues, I would very much appreciate the help! Thank you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XML tags in TagEditor - advice needed

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search