Trados target document not producing translation
Thread poster: SC Nova

SC Nova
Local time: 23:19
French to English
+ ...
Dec 12, 2011

I am unsure why this is happening. I have translated and verified translations in Trados 2011 Studio Freelancer, but each time I SAVE to TARGET in word or pdf it only spits out part of the translation. The final 2/3 of the translated document only appears in the source French!!!!

Please inform. This is driving me crazy. Thanks SDL for yet another glitchy headache!

Any help on this is appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:19
English
Can I see the file? Dec 12, 2011

Hi,

If you can send me the sdlxliff file you have translated and the original sopurce file I'd be happy to take a look and see if I can help?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Shankaran Viswanathan  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 09:49
French to English
+ ...
Frustration!!!! Dec 13, 2011

Being unable to save your work and send it to the customer after working long and tiring hours on a job is the most frustrating thing about Trados. I can see that a large number of messages in this forum narrate the woes of translators from all over the world precisely regarding this problem. I wonder if Trados or some other party should offer a debugging tool to identify the source of problem that is preventing the translated version from being saved.

Vishwa
Dehradun
India

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados target document not producing translation

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search