SDLT 2007: where to find temp files after crash?
Thread poster: Tangopeter
Tangopeter

Local time: 14:35
English to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 15, 2011

Hi all,

Does anybody know where Workbench 8 (SDL Trados 2007) stores its temporary files?

Afaik WB should change some of its TM files automatically in the TM folder, but (after the infamous 80001 RPC crash) I came to the horrendous conclusion that it didn't.

Testing (after restarting WB with a test-TM) showed that it still doesn't save its TM files; only when I reorganise the TM it does.

I expected Trados to save temp files in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TRADOS folder or similar, but MultiTerm does, Workbench apparently does not.

Any ideas about where to find the WB temp files or how to force WB to save its TM files during translation?

Could it be that simultaneous installation of SDL Trados Studio 2009 caused Trados 2007 to not save its TM files?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Peter

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLT 2007: where to find temp files after crash?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search