Thread poster: Annett Hieber

Annett Hieber  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:12
English to German
Dec 16, 2011

Hi,

I just searched the forum posts and found

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/136901-trados_2009_how_exactly_is_it_compatible_with_translating_in_word_and_with_ttx_files.html

which got me confused even more. I have just received a job, a larger project, splittet in several smaller ttx-files. Up-front I asked the project manager if it is possible to do the translation with Studio 2009. She wanted to know whether I then could deliver ttx-files. I replied that I could deliver XLIFF-files and that I don't know how to convert them. After she had received the PO from her customer, she answered that I can do the translation in Studio 2009, she would look for an editor/proofreader with 2009. Now, she has sent me ttx-files.

Now, I am not sure how to start and how to do it the right way. By the way, I am not so good at converting, exporting and importing files from one Trados version to another.......

Perhaps anyone can tell me from his/her experiences, or has good advice?

Your replies would be very much appreciated!

Have a nice weekend, though.

Annett

P.S. I also own Trados 2007, but I don't like working with it, as I always encounter the one or other problem, mostly when I'm about to finish a job.

Direct link Reply with quote

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Ready to go Dec 16, 2011

Dear Annett,

no problem, just open the ttx files you get from your customer just like any other file format. Translate with Studio. Your target files will then be the translated ttx files your customer wants. You don't really need to convert anything, the ttx files will be created when you finalize your project (or save as target).

Kind regards,
Erik

ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:12
English to Italian
Info Dec 17, 2011

Hi Annet
just make sure when answer that you choose
File -> "Save Target As" - and then Studio will ask you to save as either TTX or as a final clean file.

If you choose TTX you can then send that back to your client.

Regards
Massi
SDL

Annett Hieber  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Dec 18, 2011

Dear Erik, dear Massi,

Thanks a lot for your answers - that was just what I hoped to hear! I am relieved. I was confused by the other thread that this (saving target as ttx) would not work.

Have a nice X-mas time!

Annett

[Edited at 2011-12-19 07:32 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Confusion - ttx files and Trados Studio 2009

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search