An error occurred while converting fields back to Microsoft Word
Thread poster: Denise Phelps

Denise Phelps  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 18, 2011

I'm completely new to CAT tools and Trados studio, but have recently started using Trados studio 2011 freelance. When I tried to save the translation I finished today (source text in Word), the message I've given in the heading appeared, and the translation was not saved (in fact, the source text appeared instead). I've copied and pasted the translation, so it's not a disaster, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is an occasional/common problem with the software, or if I've messed with a parameter that I should have left alone.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please use the QA checker to show you missing tags Dec 18, 2011

Open your file, press F8.
Browse in the messages windows for messages with "Tag has been deleted".
Double click such message to let the program show you the corresponding segment. Insert all missing tags, save the file and try again.

Denise Phelps  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 18, 2011

Thanks - as soon as I'd posted I saw someone else had posted exactly the same problem. After the TGB Trados offer, I expect there will be a lot of newbies posting our teething problems. Anyway, your advice has completely solved my problem, and the document is now safely saved in Word format. Many thanks!

Pablo Mones  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 13:28
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
Same problem... Jan 17, 2012

... but didn't work.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
What did not work? Jan 17, 2012

Pablo Mones wrote:

... but didn't work.

This is a high qualified information. Please be more precise. Did you check for missing tags and inserted them as necessary? And then it still does not work? Or what do you mean with this so informative posting?

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Things one can't imagine... Jan 20, 2012

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Pablo Mones wrote:

... but didn't work.

This is a high qualified information. Please be more precise. Did you check for missing tags and inserted them as necessary? And then it still does not work? Or what do you mean with this so informative posting?

Well, it's exactly a kind of high qualified information Studio gave me today despite of all these checks...

The problem was... a space after the final colon in one of the segments...
But it was not enough to delete this space, it was necessary to make some magic rituals kinda copy source to target, offer a black goat etc.

Cheers
GG

AgataLazor
Norwegian to Polish
Preview Jul 2, 2012

Is it also the reason why TRADOS won't let me preview the text? Because it shows the same message when I only want to preview it. Of course there are lots of uncopied tags in the text, because I have done only half of the translation. But still - does it mean I can't preview it until all tags are correct?

Elise Tiberghien  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to French
+ ...
thanks thanks ! Mar 14, 2014

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Open your file, press F8.
Browse in the messages windows for messages with "Tag has been deleted".
Double click such message to let the program show you the corresponding segment. Insert all missing tags, save the file and try again.

It works !
thanks a lot

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An error occurred while converting fields back to Microsoft Word

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search