Studio 2009 - confusion with target language
Thread poster: Bénédicte Decharneux
Bénédicte Decharneux  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:51
English to French
+ ...
Dec 20, 2011

I can't add the files to translate in my new project from English (US) to French (well defined) . I receive a message telling me that "the file contains a part in target language in German. It will be marked as reference as this is not a language selected for this project".

These files are not translated yet and are in english US as source language, no trace of German. German is not in my parameters.

I'm quite confused with this message and above all I can't start my work.

If someone knows how to correct that will be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Bénédicte

Direct link Reply with quote

Jean-Pierre Artigau
Canada
Local time: 09:51
English to French
+ ...
Source file in Word? Dec 20, 2011

IF your source file is in Word, there is an automatic detection of language, which can be wrong at times (for instance where there are proper names). Before importing your text to Trados, try marking your whole text and choose "Tools, Language, Language", and English (US). I guess this could do the trick also in other formats than Word.

Jean-Pierre

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 - confusion with target language

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search