2G Trad  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:22
Member (2000)
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 20, 2011

Hi everybody,

where does TradosFilterSettings.exe try to find PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml?

I would like to manage filters in Trados 2007 Suite Freelance, but I get an error message saying it can't locate the PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml file.

I know where this file is (C:\ProgramData\SDL International\Filters), but I can't figure out where the application TradosFilterSettings.exe points to.

I run Windows 7.

Thanks a lot!
Gianni

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
reply Dec 20, 2011

Hi Gianni,

It's referenced in the Registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TRADOS\Shared\Plugins\FileFilters

However, you shouldn't need to go there. If you go to your install folder (by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL International\T2007\TT\) you'll find a FilterDefinitionFile.reg file.

If you run this file it will set this registry to the path referenced in this reg file. This is based on your system and is created dynamically during installation.
To check where it's pointing to, you can open this file in Notepad.

Cheers,
Luis

2G Trad  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2000)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Made it Dec 20, 2011

SDL Support:
It's referenced in the Registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TRADOS\Shared\Plugins\FileFilters

However, you shouldn't need to go there. If you go to your install folder (by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL International\T2007\TT\) you'll find a FilterDefinitionFile.reg file.

If you run this file it will set this registry to the path referenced in this reg file. This is based on your system and is created dynamically during installation.
To check where it's pointing to, you can open this file in Notepad.

Done!

It needed to be registered by FilterDefinitionFile.reg.

Thank you very much Luis and best wishes!
Gianni

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Filter Settings (2007 Suite)

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search