How can I be certain no other settings files than the right is loaded in TagEditor?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 20:49
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Dec 21, 2011

How can I be certain no other settings file than the right are loaded in TagEditor when opening a .ttx-file?

The instructions from the client is to use only the Excel .ini-file for these .ttx-files.

I have the file Excel.ini, that is the one that should be loaded when I open one of these .ttx files.

But how can I be certain no other settings files are loaded automatically at the same time?

If there is some default setting in TagEditor to alway
... See more
How can I be certain no other settings file than the right are loaded in TagEditor when opening a .ttx-file?

The instructions from the client is to use only the Excel .ini-file for these .ttx-files.

I have the file Excel.ini, that is the one that should be loaded when I open one of these .ttx files.

But how can I be certain no other settings files are loaded automatically at the same time?

If there is some default setting in TagEditor to always use X .ini-file? So that even if I locate the Excel.ini, TagEditor's default settings will still load also the default .ini?

Or can I be certain that if I locate the Excel.ini and add that file to settings manager, no other settings file will be loaded?

This is my Tag Settings Manager:

http://screencast.com/t/nOmeT2S7
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I be certain no other settings files than the right is loaded in TagEditor?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search