Studio 2009 cannot find segment in TM
Thread poster: Adrian Liszewski

Adrian Liszewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:31
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 21, 2011

This is my first project in Studio 2009. The package I received contains a number of files to translate and some TMs (there is only one TM for my language). It seems that when translating a sdlxliff file, some segments are not searched for in the TM.

Let say a segment contains two words: "Black house". The "translation results" display: "no matches found". Then I highlight both words and hit F3 for concordance search, the "black house" segment is found in the TM, as well as it's translation. This happens also with longer sentences, sometimes it is a 100% match, sometimes lower, but it is not displayed in the "translation results" (which I believe is the TM search). If I open manually the TM, the particular segments are there. I have done the "pre-translation" task - other segments in the TM have been found and used. When I go to the Projects Settings window, this TM is checked where it says "Enabled", "lookup" and "Concordance".

What should I do? I can just copy-paste the concordance results, but this is not a way to go with >10,000 words translation.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:31
English
Project TM versus Main TM Dec 22, 2011

Hi Adrian,

It sounds as though you might be doing a concordance across your Main TM and Project TM and your TM lookup against your Main TM only... or something like this. Check your Project Settings to see whether the updated TM is checked for the Project TM and also that the appropriate lookup boxes are checked.

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 cannot find segment in TM

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search