Error message on MultiTerm 2011 Desktop “Does not conform to the target termbase definition”
Thread poster: Federica Guizzo

Federica Guizzo  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:52
French to Italian
+ ...
Dec 21, 2011

Hi all,

I’m trying to import a Multilingual Termbase from an Excel file. The Excel file is composed by 4 columns: “Italian”, “English UK” and “English US” as index fields and “Notes” as descriptive field.
I created the Multilingual Termbase according to the Template proposed by MultiTerm 2011. The entry structure is the following:

Entry level
Index level
Term level
Notes (type: text)

I converted my Excel file successfully and now I’m trying to import the XML file. I tried with the “Default import definition” (Import all entries, allowing incomplete but denying over-complete entries. Sublanguages are not evaluated) and with the “Synchronize on Entry Number” (Add entries as new entries. However, if entries with the same entry number exist already, then the entries are merged), but the error message on the log file is always the following:

Does not conform to the target termbase definition.
Reason: Impossibile trovare la tabella di output "I_ITALIANO" = impossible to find the output sheet (!?) “I_ITALIANO”

Of course, I need a customized import definition (I have to consider the sublanguages, for example), I created it, but the result is always the same and the error message as well.

Which are the characteristics I have to give to my Import definition in order to import my glossary?

Thank you so much for your help.

Federica

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
tutorial Dec 22, 2011

Dear Federica,

This video starting at minute 2:00 will show you where you went wrong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpFXqSpTp90

Basically in short, you need to use the *.xdt file resulting from your conversion process to create the termbase, not the default proposed by MultiTerm.
Else the Termbase won't match your data.

Best Regards,
Luis

Federica Guizzo  Identity Verified
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Dec 22, 2011

Dear Luis,

Thank you so much! I followed your instructions and I made it.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Federica

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message on MultiTerm 2011 Desktop “Does not conform to the target termbase definition”

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search