Urgent Help with Trados Studio 2009!! Can't open a file...
Thread poster: Maria de Ros

Maria de Ros
Spain
Local time: 00:13
English to Catalan
+ ...
Dec 22, 2011

Hi!

I've been struggling with Trados Studio 2009 for 2 hours now, but I can't open a file. Something is wrong with the screen of the program and it doesn't open correctly. I must handle this translation tomorrow morning, so I've already started to work with Trados 2007 (luckily I still have it), but the previous TM won't work with this version.
I can't even see the other document because I didn't close it or created the file, so I don't have access to the few lines I had already translated.

Could anyone please open my file with Trados 09, close it and save it as .pfd or .doc and forward it to me, please? (It is not a big file, only 10 pages.) That's the only thing I can figure out right now...

Please, if you can do that for me, send me a private message so I can send you the file.

Thanks a lot, I'll be really grateful!!

Maria

Direct link Reply with quote

Ali M. Alsaqqa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:13
English to Arabic
Of course Dec 22, 2011

Just drop me an email. I am not sure if I understood you so please describe excatly what you want me to do in your email.

Regards,
Ali

Maria de Ros
Spain
English to Catalan
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
French - Catalan Dec 23, 2011

Thanks Ali,

Apparently only translators with Trados 2009 in the same language combination as me can open the file. I tried twice with the help of two other colleagues, but they couldn't open the file.

I keep on having problems on launching the program. I really don't understand it.

Thank you anyway...

Maria

JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Screen shots? Error messages? Dec 23, 2011

Sorry to hear you are having this problem, Maria - if you can provide more details about what is wrong we may be able to suggest something.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
File or screen issue? Dec 23, 2011

Maria de Ros wrote:

Thanks Ali,

Apparently only translators with Trados 2009 in the same language combination as me can open the file. I tried twice with the help of two other colleagues, but they couldn't open the file.

I keep on having problems on launching the program. I really don't understand it.

Thank you anyway...

Maria

Hi Maria,

You can send me the file if you like and I can try to save the source/target for you?

On the problem itself, you talk about the screen. Can you open any other file, and if you can do you have a custom view that you could tgry resetting once the editor was open with another file?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

[Edited at 2011-12-23 13:09 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent Help with Trados Studio 2009!! Can't open a file...

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search