Missing toolbar "Display filter" in Studio 2011?
Thread poster: MetteRW
MetteRW
Denmark
Local time: 14:27
English to Danish
+ ...
Dec 23, 2011

Hi,

I have just purchased and installed SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP1, and I'm having problems with one of the settings in Editor view.

It should be possible to activate the toolbar "Display Filter" by selecting it under View > Toolbars, but only the toolbar "Standard" is shown on the drop-down list.
Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? Is this toolbar not available in the Freelance version of Studio 2011?

Thanks,
Mette Wenzel

Direct link Reply with quote

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
open for translation Dec 23, 2011

MetteRW wrote:
Is this toolbar not available in the Freelance version of Studio 2011?

It will be as soon as you open a document for translation.

Enjoy!

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Toolbars Dec 23, 2011

You should have the following toolbars:

Display Filter
Preview
QuickInsert
Standard
Track Changes
Translation and Review

as I don't know what your setup is, I can only guess that your toolbars didn't get registered properly.

HTH,

Bernard

MetteRW
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Toolbar registration Dec 24, 2011

Bernard Lieber wrote:

as I don't know what your setup is, I can only guess that your toolbars didn't get registered properly.

Please elaborate on this - how are toolbars registered? I'm new in Studio (used to work in SDLX), so my knowledge is pretty basic...

@ Stefan de Boeck: I hope it is as simple as that. Currently I don't have a document to open, but something tells me you're right. I've previously worked in Studio 2011 (on other computers) with all toolbars available.

Thanks,
Mette Wenzel

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Toolbars Dec 24, 2011

I assumed that you had a document open and thought the toolbar dlls did not register but if no document is open the only option available is Standard.

Bernard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing toolbar "Display filter" in Studio 2011?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search