Create Autosuggest dictionary
Thread poster: Denise Phelps

Denise Phelps  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:40
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 23, 2011

Hi, Do I need to buy the Autosuggest Add-on to create an autosuggest dictionary in Trados Studio 2011 Freelance? The "generate autosuggest dictionary" function seems to be blocked at the moment, although I've already translated about 20,000 words since buying the software 10 days ago, and have installed the MyMemory plugin, so in theory, I should have enough TM units to generate the dictionary by now, shouldn't I?

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Sam Pinson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:40
Member (2011)
Russian to English
Yes Dec 23, 2011

My understanding is that, yes, you have to buy it separately.

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Probably Dec 23, 2011

I'm not sure whether you upgraded from Studio 2009 to 2011. In Studio 2009, there was a separate activation code, so you may have to activate your 2009 AutoSuggest feature first.

If you just bought 2011 and Generate AutoSuggest Dictionary is greyed under Tools, then the answer is yes.

HTH,

Bernard

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
25.000 TUs needed Dec 23, 2011

As Sam said, you need to buy a separate license to create AutoSuggest dictionairies. Also, you need at least 25.000 translation units (segments) to create one, so you still have a long way to go when your TM only as 20.000 words.

Hal D'Arpini  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Did you activate your license? Dec 23, 2011

It sounds like you activated your license right away instead of taking advantage of the 30-day trial period, during which time you would have had all the features of Studio 2011 Professional, including the ability to create AutoSuggest dictionaries.

I've had my software for two weeks now but haven't activated it yet for that purpose. The "Create AutoSuggest dictionary..." button is active on my Tools menu, but since I don't have a TM with 25,000 segments, it won't create an AutoSuggest dictionary.

Maybe if you deactivate your license, the software will revert to an "unblocked" version so that you can try to create an AutoSuggest dictionary. Just a thought.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create Autosuggest dictionary

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search