double text
Thread poster: Tatiana Lit

Tatiana Lit  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:32
Slovak to English
+ ...
Dec 26, 2011

Why do I have the source text twice (left and right) on the screeen? I can not translate it! Can anyone help me please? Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:32
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Please be more specific Dec 26, 2011

Which software and version are you using? Do you mean the source is copied to the target? You should be able to edit the right column.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 10:32
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Most versions Dec 26, 2011

Most versions of Trados and SDL have right hand column texts to edit. You may select not to include right-side texts if you prefer. Or you can hit a key to delete all right hand texts. By the way, weigh for benefits of all texts copied to the translation column e.g. tag for special formats.
Soonthon Lupkitaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

double text

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search