Segmenting on tab with Studio 2009
Thread poster: Jacques DP

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 18:08
English to French
Dec 26, 2011

Hello there!

I was missing many good matches because the text had not been segmented on tabs. So I did the following:

1. I created a new TM based on the original one, and when creating it I added a segmentation rule that says that segmentation should happen on tabs, with anything before them, and anything after them.
  2. I recreated my project and prepared it from the source (DOCX) files.

However when I edit the files in Studio the source segments still c
... See more
Hello there!

I was missing many good matches because the text had not been segmented on tabs. So I did the following:

1. I created a new TM based on the original one, and when creating it I added a segmentation rule that says that segmentation should happen on tabs, with anything before them, and anything after them.
  2. I recreated my project and prepared it from the source (DOCX) files.

However when I edit the files in Studio the source segments still contain many tabs, therefore segmentation didn't happen on tabs.

What could I be missing?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

[Edited at 2011-12-26 16:40 GMT]
Collapse

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 18:08
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Works now Dec 26, 2011

I repeated the procedure and it worked this time. No idea why it didn't work the first time. Anyway, problem solved, thanks for reading.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segmenting on tab with Studio 2009

Advanced search

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within SDL Trados Studio

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search