Thread poster: George Amolochitis

George Amolochitis  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 18:27
Member (2005)
English to Greek
+ ...
Dec 26, 2011

I have tried to open an .xlsx (Excel 2007) file and a .pptx (PowerPoint) file in TagEditor (SDL TRADOS 2007) but in both cases I have received the error message "(8005): Invalid Format" and it was impossible to open the files.

Can someone help me to solve this problem and upload the files?

Thanks in advance,

George Amolochitis
Free Lance Translator

e-mail: george.amolochitis@gmail.com

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:27
English
May be impossible Dec 27, 2011

Hi George,

This particular error in the 2007 file filters may be related to an old bug that was never resolved. Do you have the very latest update to the 2007 tools?

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2360&p=1

If you do then unfortunately I think the only option may be to use Studio 2009 or Studio 2011 if you have them. But this does mean you won't be able to work with TTX if this was the requirement.

Regards

Paul

George Amolochitis  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 18:27
Member (2005)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"(8005): Invalid Format" Dec 27, 2011

Thanks a lot for your help Paul, I will try to solve the problem and let you know.

All the best from

George

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

(8005): Invalid Format

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search