https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/214928-translating_transit_files_in_studio_2009_or_2011.html

Translating Transit files in Studio 2009 or 2011
Thread poster: Eileen Cartoon
Eileen Cartoon
Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:23
Italian to English
Dec 27, 2011

Is there a way to translate Transit files in either Studio 2009 or 2011? Have searched around but have been unable to find an answer to this. I have one customer who uses Transit NXT in-house and insists on its use, sending packages ready to go but I hate using it (slows me down too much). I would love to do it in Studio if there were a way.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Eileen

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
MemoQ Dec 27, 2011

Hi Eileen,

AFAIK, Transit is not supported by Studio but is on MemoQ you can download a 45-day trial version.

If I remember rightly, Transit projects are basically zip files, so you can try and unzip them but don't know what the file format you end up with is - anyway you could give it a try.

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2011-12-27 19:23 GMT]

Eileen Cartoon
Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks but... Dec 27, 2011

I am pretty well versed in Studio and I guess learning either program (MemoQ or Transit) is time consuming. I have already used Transit on several occasions so I am somewhat familir with it (I just do n't like it). I was just hoping...
Thanks
Eileen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating Transit files in Studio 2009 or 2011

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »