Trados 2009 TAGS
Thread poster: Laurent Chevrette

Laurent Chevrette  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2011)
English to French
Dec 28, 2011

Hello!

I just started translating and using CAT tools and I am having a really good time, because of the memories and everything, it speeds up so much. But, there is ONE thing I just cannot stand, it is the infamous tags. My question is the following : is there an easy, automated-sdl way to properly get ALL the tags copied/inserted into the target (without the source text, obvisouly). That would make my life so much better. Instead of using Ctrl + comma and whatever tags lists, I could just translate and then rearrange quickly the tags around the words. Any ideas?

Thanks and merry Xmas (or what's left of it)

Direct link Reply with quote

Jehanne Henin  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 00:02
English to French
+ ...
Not all the tags but... Dec 28, 2011

I don't know of any way to add all the tags without the source text, but there is (what seems to me) an easier way to insert tags one by one (or two by two).
For a simple tag, you place the cursor in the target text, right were you want the tag to be added, then you press Ctrl while clicking on the tag in the source text.
For opening and closing tags, you select the target text to be placed between the two tags, then press Ctrl + click on one of the source tag as well.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:02
English
It may also be easier... Dec 28, 2011

... to work with the TagID instead of the full/abbreviated tag content. This way you see all the tags numbered, in pairs where they are pairs and on their own as placeables.

You can also use ctrl+, to pick an opening tag and ctrl+. to automatically add it's corresponding pair.

I guess you know this, and also that you can highlight the target text you want to enclose in tags and then use ctrl+, to place both tags around the text in one go.

I think it would be useful to be able to add all tags only in one go, so a useful enhancement, but until then perhaps the methods here or using the mouse as described by Jehanne will help a bit.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 TAGS

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search