Plugin Already Existing?
Thread poster: xxxAndreaTesei
xxxAndreaTesei
Local time: 05:21
Dec 28, 2011

I was asked to create/find a plugin for Trados Studio 2009.
This plugin has to do an automated translation, from opening the source file to the population of the related XLIFF file in the target language.
Does it already exist?
Thank You,
Andrea Tesei

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 11:21
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Yes Dec 28, 2011

Yes. You can download from Trados SDL website by using your Trados buyer e-mail and password you used to install either Trados 2009 or Trados 2011.
Soonthon Lupkitaro

TRANSLATED SRL
Italy
Member (2002)
Italian to English
+ ...
MyMemory Plugin Dec 28, 2011

AndreaTesei wrote:

I was asked to create/find a plugin for Trados Studio 2009.
This plugin has to do an automated translation, from opening the source file to the population of the related XLIFF file in the target language.
Does it already exist?
Thank You,
Andrea Tesei

Hello Andrea,

The MyMemory plugin developed by Translated and Henk Boxma ( http://henkboxma.com ) should do the trick for you.

You can find it here:

www.sdl.com/en/language-technology/sdl-openexchange/AppDetails.aspx?appid=160

Alessandro.

[Edited at 2011-12-28 13:34 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Do you know which one? Dec 28, 2011

Hi Andrea,

Both Studio 2009 and Studio 2011 come with some built in plugins for Automated Translation but there are more available on the OpenExchange. Do you know which one you have asked to install?

Regards

Paul

xxxAndreaTesei
TOPIC STARTER
Plugin Already Existing? Dec 29, 2011

Hello Alessandro, I have already installed MyMemory plugin, but i have to develop an application to be executed on our own server so that i cannot rely on third organizations' plugins and services...

Hi Paul, i think that the reply i have given to Alessandro is pretty complete but i wish to know if there is a customizable plugin, in wich I am prompted to input the file location, the TM location and so on... I have already tryed to compile and run the SDL SDK package (in wich i have found something interesting for my work) but without much success.

Thank You
Andrea

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
SDK is the way to go Dec 29, 2011

Hi Andrea,

You do need to use the SDK. I presume this means you have aleady signed up for the SDL OpenExchange program, so the place to go for help will be through this team and they can help you with questions on how to use the SDK to best effect.

As you probably know there are good examples in there of how to do this, and we have half a dozen or so that are publicy available and more that companies have written for their own use... as you are attempting to do.

If you need more information on this feel free to drop me an email.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Plugin Already Existing?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search