Trados Studio 2011 upgrade - is it worth it?
Thread poster: bellion
bellion
Local time: 03:58
English to French
Dec 30, 2011

Hi all,

I am considering upgrading from Trados 2007 to Trados Studio 2011, mainly because of the discount in upgrade until Dec. 31st.

To be honest, 2007 suits all my needs and I am not too sure 2011 would be worth the investment.

My main point is: can you really expect an increase in productivity with 2011 that would justify the investment?
Or should I just stick with 2007?

I have read that AutoSuggest can mean a significant increase in productivity. Can you confirm?
What other features would be a plus?

Thank you in advance for your feedback,

Bellion

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:58
Finnish to French
Wrong forum Dec 30, 2011

bellion wrote:
I am considering upgrading from Trados 2007 to Trados Studio 2011, mainly because of the discount in upgrade until Dec. 31st.

This is the Machine Translation forum. Your post doesn't appear to be related to it.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:58
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
There are many threads Dec 30, 2011

in this forum that may provide you with an answer, please just check http://www.proz.com/forum/65

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 upgrade - is it worth it?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search