WinAlign will not work (SDL Trados Studio 2011-Trados 2007 bundle)
Thread poster: Pablo Mayen
Pablo Mayen
Pablo Mayen  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 3, 2012

Hi all,

I received two Word files that I need to align in order to feed my TM. I'm using Studio 2011 and this is the first time I'm going to use in on my computer. However, I receive this message of "this software is not compatible with Windows 7" or something along that line. I re-entered my license key to no avail. Do I need to reinstall Trados 2007 (i.e. uninstall it and then download it again) or do I have to contact Trados support?

Any light shed on this issue is g
... See more
Hi all,

I received two Word files that I need to align in order to feed my TM. I'm using Studio 2011 and this is the first time I'm going to use in on my computer. However, I receive this message of "this software is not compatible with Windows 7" or something along that line. I re-entered my license key to no avail. Do I need to reinstall Trados 2007 (i.e. uninstall it and then download it again) or do I have to contact Trados support?

Any light shed on this issue is greatly appreciated

Regards

Pablo
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:57
English to French
+ ...
Setup Jan 3, 2012

Hi Pablo,

What is your setup, I've got Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) - Trados 7 not installed and alignment works fine - could you clarify a bit more about this issue?

Bernard

Hugh Matthews
Hugh Matthews  Identity Verified
Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
Win-Align fails for me too Mar 2, 2012

I have translated a Danish text into English using 2009 STudio. Since, when I moved on to my next text in a series, which contained approx. 30% the same as the first text, I expected 2009 to fill in ther spaces as it usually does.
NOw, becaus SDL won't help any more if you don't own the latest product, I have upgrade for my EUR 157 to 2011 Studio SP2.

This good- looking piece of kit doesn't find my TM and English file number two on the Right knows nothing about the identical t
... See more
I have translated a Danish text into English using 2009 STudio. Since, when I moved on to my next text in a series, which contained approx. 30% the same as the first text, I expected 2009 to fill in ther spaces as it usually does.
NOw, becaus SDL won't help any more if you don't own the latest product, I have upgrade for my EUR 157 to 2011 Studio SP2.

This good- looking piece of kit doesn't find my TM and English file number two on the Right knows nothing about the identical text staring at it from the Left.

Being fairly resourceful, I set aabout using Win-Align in 2007 Freelance to produce a TM, which I could then import into 2011, but it won't work. My (registered and twice re-installed) 2007 also refuses to analyse files in Workbench, so I'm not entirely surprised.
Ideas please?
Collapse

Hugh Matthews
Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
n/a Mar 2, 2012

Please reply to [email protected] as well, because I might not find my way back here

Hugh Matthews
Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
Trados demands non-existent password Mar 3, 2012

Trados 2011 wants the password of a vital 2007 FReelance TM. Why? I have never had a password on a TM in all the 10 years I've worked with Trados.

Ideas anyone?

Please replay to [email protected]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WinAlign will not work (SDL Trados Studio 2011-Trados 2007 bundle)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »