Dora Evagelinaki  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 19:54
Member (2009)
English to Greek
+ ...
Jan 3, 2012

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate some help with an issue I'm facing.

My version of Trados 2007 has been working fine until today. I can't open the Translator's Workbench and I keep getting the following message:

"An error occurred while trying to verify the license. Please check the installation and try again. Translator’s Workbench will now close."

I returned the license and activated it again but still nothing. I removed the program and reinstalled it but with no result.

Then, I read about some patch in some similar topics. Does anyone have it or could someone suggest a solution to me?

Thank you!

Best,
Dora

[Edited at 2012-01-03 19:45 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:54
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Check Task Manager Jan 3, 2012

Check Task Manager (CTRL ALT DEL) and see if you have a Workbenck TM running. At least, that is how I solve this situation when I inadvertently open more than one TM. Also, have you restarted your computer? That usually solves it too.

Greece
Member (2009)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No result Jan 3, 2012

Hi Luisa,

thank you for your reply. I've done both things before posting to the forum.

But thanks anyway

Dora

Paraskevas Stavrakos  Identity Verified
Greece
Member (2011)
English to Greek
+ ...
Check the following link Jan 10, 2012

Hi,

I don't know if you solved the problem with Workbench.
I have found a thread (see link below) in another forum related to the TW4Win.exe file which
is probably the cause of your problem, too.
The proposed solution seems to be applicable to your case.

http://www.english-spanish-translator.org/trados/2028-tw4win-exe-error-signature.html

Paraskevas

[Edited at 2012-01-10 07:56 GMT]

IanDhu  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:54
Member (2005)
French to English
Word 2007: use TagEditor for DOCX files Jan 10, 2012

I've been warned to use TagEditor to process DOCX files, not Workbench. However, you can process DOC files in Word 2007 using Workbench, I've tried and it worked, even though I find Workbench keeps balking at new segments, or failing to set and close segments, regardless of the workflow settings.

Happy New Year and hope this helps (should that be "HNY&HTH"?).

With kind regards,

Adam Warren
(IanDhu - 41189)

Greece
Member (2009)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you :) Jan 10, 2012

Hi guys,

thank you for your answers.

No, my issue hasn't been solved yet. Fortunately, I have another PC and a second license, so I've been using Trados there. I would, of course, like to resolve this issue, as I mainly work on the first PC I mentioned here.

Anyway, thank you Paraskevas, I will definitely try that and let you know.

Adam, the thing is I can't even open Workbench and the files I had to translate weren't Word files. But thanks anyway and I'll keep you posted!

Best,
Dora

Jakub Mędrek  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:54
English to Polish
+ ...
Try running Workbench as Administrator Jan 17, 2014

Hello Everyone,
I had a similar issue with Workbench. The license problem dialogue box appeared and the piece of s...oftware wouldn't start.

I tried returning the license and re-activating, the re-installing, I fiddled with the Registry and did a couple other things.

What finally worked was running Workbench as administrator. I right-clicked on the shortcut to the program and checked the Run as administrator box on the Compatibility tab (these are rough translations of the buttons and tabs, my Win7 is localized). Maybe that will help.

Ionut-Emilian Arsene  Identity Verified
Romania
Romanian to German
+ ...
Update Jan 17, 2014

Hi,

You can try log into your SDL acoount and see if there are new updates for Trados 2007.
Standalone Trados 2007 is rare, maybe you have Trados Freelance (2007 bundled with 2011 and MultiTerm). I found some updates last december 2013. So give it a try. Also, if your licenced copy of Trados is from a redistributor, ask him kindly to offer support. Also see SDL website for FAQ, support and/or help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 - Cannot open Translator's Workbench

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search